Saturday, November 19, 2005

Useful things . . .

My first two classes in library school are very different. One is about information behavior, and is a whole lotta academic journal article reading about different types/groups of people and their information needs and how they react to those needs. It's theory, and right now I am not a fan of theory.

The other class is info tech. In the past two weeks I have doubled my previously cobbled together html knowledge and am making forms, creating cascading style sheets, tables, and frames. The latter two are kinda lame when you know the first two, but I am glad of the knowledge at any rate. I had had this previous thought that forms and css were a huge jump from where I had been. A big step, but just a step, after all.

I love getting my money's worth.

No comments: